Sometimes the most simple dishes are the best. Crusty on the outside, soft and tender on the inside, roasted red potatoes are irresistible. Put them in the oven and work on the rest of dinner.
Once you make these you won’t need the recipe again because it’s so easy. It’s about method: a side dish you will turn to over and over again. Oh, and they taste fantastic. Make extra. Besides being a great side for roast chicken, pork, or that occasional steak, they are great for a weekend breakfast with eggs.
Here’s a side dish I’ve made a hundred times if I’ve made it once. It’s one I turn to often and a good one to add to your repertoire. Yes, because it’s easy, but more because they taste so good.
Toss quartered red potatoes with olive oil, finely chopped garlic, plenty or fresh chopped rosemary, salt and pepper. Place cut side down on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast in the oven at 375 F (190 C) for approximately 25-30 minutes, or until they are crusty, crisp and golden on the outside and tender on the inside. How easy is that? Roasted red potatoes are wonderful with just about anything. They are even good cold in a main dish salad.
Red potatoes come tiny to large in size. I usually choose small to medium ones. To prepare the potatoes, wash and dry them, then halve or quarter depending on size.
Red potatoes can be part of a healthy, nutritious diet. They contain an impressive amount of vitamins and minerals with vitamin C, more potassium than a banana, and fiber as you keep the skin on.
For the rosemary, use fresh, not dried. We have lots in our yard, an ever constant supply. It’s easy to grow whether in a pot on a small apartment balcony or in a landscape of a yard.
Roasted Red Potatoes with Rosemary
- 1 pound (225 grams) small to medium sized red potatoes, washed, dried and quartered
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon (18 grams) finely chopped fresh rosemary
- A sprinkle of sea salt and ground black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees (190 C). Ready a metal rimmed baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, toss the potatoes and all ingredients together with your hands until well coated. Place on the baking sheet cut side down and roast until the skin is crisp and golden and the inside is tender when pierced with the tip of a sharp paring knife or skewer, about 25-35 minutes. Check them towards the end. Timing will depend on your ovens. When done, you may need a metal spatula to remove them from the baking sheet to serve.
Nutritional info from Livestrong on red potatoes
Subscribe via RSS or
This post contains links to Affiliate Programs, where I may receive a small commission for any purchases.