This is a super easy and delicious dessert. No cooking required and about 5 minutes of work. Everyone has time for this! Fresh strawberries and cream is about the sweetened sour cream dip. That is the "cream". The sweet and tangy combination makes them hard to stop eating. My mom used to serve this as a dessert and I had completely forgotten about it.
One of the fun things about being a chef and blogger is attending special events. I attended a cheesemaking and tasting class featuring Redwood Hill Farm and Green Valley Organics. This award-winning, certified humane goat dairy farm and creamery is family owned and operated in beautiful Sonoma County, California.
Use Sour Cream or Creme Fraiche
This dessert dip uses Green Valley Organics lactose-free sour cream. It’s not the usual sour cream. The texture is thick and rich, more like the French sour cream called creme fraiche. It’s available at Whole Foods and many other grocers. If you can’t find this brand, use regular sour cream (what my mom did) or creme fraiche.
Whip it Up In a Minute
Whisk sour cream with honey and vanilla together in a small bowl. Wash the berries and leave the green tops on to hold the berries. They are like a natural handle for the creamy dip. The combination of the sweet and tang are incredible. Its an easy, no-cook solution for dessert.
Offer a small bowl of natural brown sugar or coconut sugar to dip the berries in after the sour cream. That gives a bit more sweetness and a nice crunch.
More Strawberry Recipes
Strawberries and Cream (Honey Sour Cream Dip)
- 1 16 ounce container of sour cream or creme fraiche
- 2 teaspoons real vanilla extract or vanilla paste
- 1 tablespoon mild honey or more
- 1 pound box fresh strawberries washed, dried, green stems left on
- ½ cup light brown sugar or coconut sugar optional
- Conbine the sour cream, vanilla and honey in a small bowl and whisk or stir together until smooth and creamy. Serve with fresh strawberries as a dip. For added sweetness and crunch, offer a small bowl of brown sugar to sprinkle on berries or dip into after the sour cream.