With a new juicer in my kitchen, I’m concocting all kinds of healthy juice recipes. Loaded with nutrition, here's my green blast green juice, because you get a blast of nutrition and flavor when you drink one. It’s the power of green.
Green Blast Green Juice
Eating lots of fruits and vegetables is key to achieving and maintaining optimal health while reducing the risk for many diseases. Eating whole fruits and vegetables is best, because you get the fiber. But consuming enough fruits and vegetables daily can be challenging. Juicing is an easy way to add powerful, plant-based nutrition to your diet.
Juicing as a Dietary Supplement
Juicing supplements the whole fruits and vegetables in your diet. Think of juicing as a boost for your digestive health, immune system and more. Juicing provides liquid nutrients that are quickly absorbed by your body, so you still need to get enough fiber in your diet by eating whole fruits and vegetables.
Fruits and vegetables are like natures pharmacy - or you could say spell it "farmacy". They are loaded with vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, and are powerful tools in fighting disease. We can’t get enough of them. Use juicing to boost your fruit and vegetable intake.
Researching the nutritional benefit of each ingredient was amazed by what I discovered. This green juice:
- Helps our bodies flush out environmental toxins from pesticides, heavy metals, and air pollution
- Packs a vitamin C punch for detoxifying and cleansing
- Improves circulation, supports digestion and cardiovascular health, enhances brain function
- Reduces the negative effects of stress, and provides anti-aging and anti-inflammatory benefits
- Boosts energy
Juicing at Home
Some commercial juices contain added sugar and preservatives. Making juices at home you get the best for your body. Be sure to drink it as soon as possible as the nutritional power slides as it sits.
Juicing Versus Blending
Juicing and blending are both good, they’re just different. I do both. For more information on juicing versus blending read this.
If you have thyroid issues, check with your health practitioner about eating raw kale. Lightly steamed kale versus raw may be better. Also, if you are on blood thinner medication, check with your doctor about consuming kale as it has vitamin K, which can mess with your medication.
More Green Juice Recipes
Green Blast Green Juice
- 1 green pear or green apple
- 4 Persian cucumbers or one English cucumber
- 4 large celery ribs
- 8 leaves green kale
- 1-2 lemons
- ½ bunch cilantro
- 1-2 kiwi
- Wash all produce well. Juice your fruits and vegetables according to the manufacturer directions. Whisk the juice together if needed to incorporate and enjoy immediately for optimal nutrition.